Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ojos Asi-Shakira

On Tuesday I spent a lot of the day watching a playlist on Youtube with Shakira's top music videos.  Some of them were pretty amazing, some were kind of funny or cheezy and some were pretty skanky.  I love her voice and how her ethnic background plays into her music.  She is from Columbia, but her father is Lebanese and her name is actually from the Islamic language.  Her song lyrics in Spanish are amazing, especially her older songs.  I've now picked out a few favorite songs to help me work on my accent and on practicing Spanish again.


This music video is Ojos Asi.  The song is gorgeous and you can hear the mix of Latin and Middle Eastern influence in the music.  I also think her belly dancing in this is pretty amazing.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment